During the in-person event judging round at the 2023 Go Global Awards, participants will experience a well-structured and engaging process. The event is designed to ensure fairness, professionalism, and ample opportunities for businesses to showcase their strengths and network with industry leaders.
- Participants will receive a formal letter of invitation to support their US visa application.
- They will apply for the necessary visa and confirm its receipt with the organizers.
- Once visa confirmation is received, participants will be assigned a presentation time slot on either the 6th or the 7th of November, during which they will present their company before a live judging panel for 10 minutes (including time for questions).
- On the morning of the 6th of November, participants will attend the venue, check in, and receive their name badges.
- They should bring any presentation materials with them, including a USB drive containing PowerPoint presentations or videos, as well as handouts and visual aids.
Presenting Your Business
- During the allotted presentation time, participants will have a total of ten minutes for their presentation (5 minutes for pitch + 5 minutes Q&A).
- Presentations will be recorded, and copies will be sent to participants after the event. Confidential information can be requested to be excluded from the recording.
- The judges will independently score participants based on a set criteria.
Other Activities During the Two Days of Live Events
|Pitching Rooms||Pitch your business before the judges during your allotted time and consider watching other companies present their pitches before judges.|
|B2B Meetings||Participate in pre-scheduled B2B meetings with other attendees.|
|Government Consultations||Participate in 1:1 meetings with the heads of government economic development agencies, export promotion agencies, and foreign direct investment agencies to present your business and expansion opportunities, and explore synergies.|
|Conference Panels and Break-Out Sessions||Participate as a panelist and/or audience member in one or more of the many conference topics related to international trade, global expansion, marketing, and other related topics.|
|Site Visits||Join site visits to innovative companies across a range of industries in Rhode Island.|
|Networking & Tourism||Engage in after-hours networking and touristic activities with other executives from government and business to help build closer bonds and foster fruitful collaborations.|