Investment and Export Promotion Agency (APIEX) is a public institution under the Minister of Trade & Industry, endowed with administrative, patrimonial and financial autonomy, created through Decree no. 60/2016 of December 12.
APIEX was formed as a result of the formation of a new organization comprised of the Investment Promotion Centre (CPI), the Special Economic Zones Authority (GAZEDA) and the Institute for Export Promotion (IPEX), whose purpose is to promote and facilitate private and public investment and exports, special economic zones (SEZs), industrial free zones and rapid development zones.
- Development and implementation of actions aimed at promoting and managing processes of private or public investments;
- Promotion and coordination of actions related to the creation, development and management of Special Economic Zones (SEZ’s) and Industrial Free Zones IFZ’s);
- Promotion of national exports.
- Institutional assistance to investors in the approval and implementation of their projects;
- Ensure investors obtain access to fiscal incentives and implementation of their projects;
- Promotion of business linkages between domestic and foreign companies, SMEs and large enterprises;
- Identification and dissemination of information on investment opportunities;
- Promotion of business development assistance programmes, particularly for domestic investors;
- Institutional assistance in the acquisition of business licenses;
- Capacity building programmes for local suppliers;
- Monitoring and following up of the implementation of projects and the identification of constraints.
Av. Ahmed Sekou Touré, 2539 – Caixa Postal 1661│Cel.: (+258) 82 305 6432
Rua da Imprensa, 332 R/C – Caixa Postal 4635 | Tel.: (+ 258) 85 3010330