Areas of Focus
Go Global Award judges will not only assess the business success itself, but will also look at the general expertise of the leadership and employees, the hurdles that have been overcome by the organization, and how the organization has positioned itself to ensure ongoing success. This includes:
- How the business differentiates itself from the competitors
- Innovation of products, services and marketing strategy
- Evidence of a sustainable competitive advantage
Judging panels are drawn from the public and private sectors comprising individuals with significant senior-level international business experience. All information is treated as strictly commercial-in-confidence.
Products and/or Services [Score weighting 40%]
- Viability of your business, its product(s) and/or service(s).
- Uniqueness / innovation / differentiation.
- Successes involving one or more of your product(s)/service(s) that either has export potential, is already exported, or supports those businesses who are otherwise involved in international trade.
- Competitive edge.
Business Management, Planning and Direction [Score weighting 25%]
- Soundness of your company’s overall business strategy.
- Structure of your business to ensure that it is designed to effectively respond to new sales.
- Sales and customer service effectiveness.
- How the business has overcome / plans to overcome any particular hurdles.
- Knowledge management.
Marketing [Score weighting 20%]
- How your organization promotes its competitive advantage(s).
- How you secure / have secured market acceptance? i.e. What actions did you take? – e.g. product adaptation to meet customer preferences, building relationships with distributors and buyers, addressing cultural issues in marketing materials and products, attending trade events, techniques to overcoming buyer resistance.
- Innovative marketing techniques and use of technology.
Longevity [Score weighting 20%]
- Sustainability of business practices.
- Long-term orientation and potential of the expansion strategy